Ocean View Monaco made its first steps in the world of beauty back in the 70s with high end and luxurious offshore hair salons.
After having spent long periods of time in Bali, we acquired consolidated know-how and practise in the Bali culture of well-being to sail into the adventure of opening a wellness centre (spa) onboard of one ship. It was 1995: several offshore hair and beauty salons to manage and one wellness centre onboard of a ship to play with and to discover. Almost 20 years later, what started as an adventure and curiosity, became our passion and core business: Ocean View Monaco grew into a spa management company with wellness centres onboard of all MSC Cruises’ ships.
Throughout the years, we supported and shared our partner’s achievements of new ship christenings, as those were new Ocean View Monaco spa christenings as well:
- April 2003, MSC LIRICA
- May 2004, MSC ARMONIA
- 2004, MSC SINFONIA
- June 2004, MSC OPERA
- June 2006, MSC MUSICA
- May 2007, MSC ORCHESTRA
- April 2008, MSC POESIA
Starting from 2008, a new ship did not only mean a new Ocean View Monaco spa, but also an enrichment of Ocean View Monaco’s already exhaustive wellness and beauty menu with the introduction of brand new and innovative signature treatments:
- December 2008, MSC FANTASIA – Candle massage
- July 2009, MSC SPLENDIDA – Aurea del Mare
- March 2010, MSC MAGNIFICA – Aurea Thalassa, Aurea Papaveris, Aurea Hydra Plus, Aurea Relaxa, Hymalayan Dream, semi-permanent eyelash lengthening and thickening treatments
- May 2012, MSC DIVINA –Shu Uemura hair ceremonies, two new exclusive well-being beds enhance the effects of Himalayan Dream and Aurea del Mare (Himalaya Venus crystal salt and a water bed), Teenage Kicks programs and the first Ocean View Monaco vintage barber shop
- March 2013, MSC PREZIOSA – Harmony Suite Rituals, Enjoy the Colour Program (at the spa bar), Adidas gear corner shop, redesign of the traditional thermal area to include an exclusive frigidarium and tepidarium
Lately, MSC Cruises revealed his plans to add 11 new vessels by 2026 as a near doubling of its fleet numbers. It’s also increasing capacity with larger ships. The launch of the first two ships will have Ocean View Monaco as a partner :
- In 2015, MSC Cruises announced that the first of its next generation “Seaside” class of ships — set to debut in November 2017 — will be named MSC SEASIDE. The ship will sail year-round from Miami to the Caribbean.
- They also announced that the cutting-edge 5,700-guest,167,600-GRT ship — due to be delivered in May 2017 and open for bookings from June 2015 — will be named MSC MERAVIGLIA. She will spend her first summer sailing the western Mediterranean, and will be the first to have three homeports: Genoa, Marseille and Barcelona.
Enter this new world and discover the future ships :